SL À La Mode

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."
~ Coco Chanel


Visit MOOLTO

Friday, December 3, 2010

The Snowflake Experience


On a rare occasion, just being known as a blogger will put me in the midst of somewhere I definitely want to be. Before I get into that, let me take you back aways...I was about 15 years old and my older brother was being recruited into the Marines. My parents were divorced and it was just the 5 of us, four kids and a loving mom. Of course, we do the best we can and thats all that you can do to survive. The Marine recruiter came to visit us a few times at our home and surprised us all the day before Christmas Eve by bringing a few little gifts courtesy of Toys for Tots. I was a bit old for that by then, but I was given a big stuffed bear which I thought was cute. My little brother and sister were so happy that it made a big difference to our holiday season. This is what the Toys for Tots means to me. One year, they brought smiles to my family for Christmas and I can never forget that.

The Snowflake Experience, starting December 4th is raising money to support the Toys for Tots charity. 62 designers have come together to donate creations, with the proceeds going to the charity. We are hoping to raise 5,000 USD to give to the children, and I sincerely hope you can all come out and support this amazing organization. For more information, please visit http://www.toysfortots.org/ and read up!




Now, it's only right for me to show you a little sneak preview of what you can find hehe.  There are so many amazing things to show, I hope I get a chance to showcase them all.  This first look was a hoot, I mean really! Long  johns! How friggin adorable is that lol, created by Zoey Gabardini for The Snowflake Experience.  I went with the child-like look because it seemed a bit cute and of course, it IS to benefit the children.  I did wear them as my normal avatar also, yep I did and just as cutesy I might add.  All the excitement of Christmas for children and adults alike, in one little picture!  They come in the blue, with the snowflake pattern or the red & green striped design.  Stop by the paper.doll exhibition and support the kids!  Ah to be young again...



This next photo is a small preview of the great sweaters available via [aRAWRa].  I went with the patterned sweater because it was fun and festive.  It is a great gray color with black accents and it is snug and warm.  Perfect for hitting those snowy sims with your favorite pair of jeans, new snazzy boots and a smexy snow partner!  I've been re-assessing my inventory, which I have let get out of control while blogging all of these events lol and I came across this hair again.  I like it I think I'll keep it! Usually, I'm more of a long hair type person being that I just like long hair [RL also] but its very bouncy.  Not positive, but I think I picked it up at Hair Fair.  Check out this and lots of other goodies available from [aRAWRa] @ The Snowflake Experience.  IT'S FOR THE KIDS! COME ON DOWN!!



And finally, for my preview extravaganza...a little pretty from ~* INDIE ROSE *~.  This is the Dita Corset Dress in Teal [I know, hard to see the color with that kinda pic but hey it's a preview! Go see it!].  It is also available in black, as well as alot of other goodies to choose from.  The pillow comes with the pose and it is from {what next} subscriber group. So this is what you all do, tomorrow you go down to The Snowflake Experience...walk around and shop a little!  You go home with some amazing pressies and you help a beautiful charity for the sweetest people made...children.  I truly hope you stop by!  My donation jar is located @ my job, Similar Italian Footwear if anyone would like to give a small linden gift!  There will of course be jars out at the event, so feel free to donate there as well!




0 comments on "The Snowflake Experience"

Post a Comment

Anjelyc Morales

Anjelyc Morales
Fashion Detective

Archive

Labels

 

Legal Eagle Stuff

Second Life® and Linden Lab® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linden Research, Inc. All rights reserved. No infringement is intended.

Review Policy

I don't really have one. Most of the things I blog, I purchased. I am always honored if someone enjoys my writing enough to send me an item to add to the blog. When I have the time to do so, I certainly will. I do alot of events blogging and work so sometimes it does take a bit and I apologize for that! Thank you in advance for thinking of me.

SL À La Mode Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez