SL À La Mode

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."
~ Coco Chanel


Visit MOOLTO

Saturday, September 4, 2010

{ Zaara }


On our first official 'SL date to shop together', Gio and I were looking for formalwear. We both enjoyed going to the clubs, allowing our avatars to dance the night away and just act silly together in IM. He's very mellow, loved the fact that SL is riddled with romantic clubs with romantical slow music lol. I love music, and loved being with him so I didn't care where we went. Back then, and really still to this day it's not easy to find good quality, sexy mens clothing. When you do, its almost like you've hit the lotto. God forbid the place closes down or something, SL is so woman-centric when it comes to fashion. The same is true for RL really, but its not quite so needle in a haystack.


In reality, i'm pretty picky with my lindens...even now. We went to a bunch of stores and I couldn't find a thing that I liked. I was so set on finding something I actually wanted because I was using MY LINDENS! that it took forever, Gio couldn't find anything either and we ended up in those horrid freebie outfits lol. At the end of the day I guess it didn't matter because we spent no time conversing with anyone else. We were just 2 avi's in our own little world, dancing the SL night away. Eventually, we did get some better clothing but that was quite a bit of time away hehe. My very first outfit I ever bought with my own lindens was from MYTH. It was a complete and total coincidence that Aeris ended up being my 'boss' and then & still my friend. I didn't even know where I was when I bought it. Just liked it, wore it for days and saw it later and said 'HEY! I HAVE THAT!!' The first dress I bought was a beautiful, shiny, poofy dress that could be worn 2 ways so I thought omg what a bargain! Interestingly enough, I wasn't shopping for dresses when I found it. I was in a hair shop, if that's not the silliest thing ever. The dress was somewhere between 350-500L$ and I sat there debating the purchase for at least 20 minutes. I bought it tho, because it was so pretty in my opinion...more pretty than most of the things I had come to see on SL thus far. I bought it, threw on my best updo and the most decent pair of shoes I owned and we danced! Still to this day, I can wear that dress so yeah...I call it a great purchase.


The reason I rambled on about all that is because I was out randomly shopping around for the pretty things, and I came back across Zaara. I purchased a cute yellow top and mentally shopped for some jewelry. RL called, so I had to keep it all in my head until I go back. The indian asthetic, the beauty of the clothing and the timelessness of the pieces are rare. How many times have you dropped crazy amounts of Lindens for something you wore once or twice? I'll still be pulling out that beautiful dress when Gio and I are out dancing with our handicapped HUD's on.
Look 1:
*Zaara* White Lotus Ballgown
eStyle Skin
Miel Hair
Look 2:
*Zaara* Kavi Top
eStyle Skin
MYTH Jeans
Truth Hair & Boots

0 comments on "{ Zaara }"

Post a Comment

Anjelyc Morales

Anjelyc Morales
Fashion Detective

Archive

Labels

 

Legal Eagle Stuff

Second Life® and Linden Lab® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linden Research, Inc. All rights reserved. No infringement is intended.

Review Policy

I don't really have one. Most of the things I blog, I purchased. I am always honored if someone enjoys my writing enough to send me an item to add to the blog. When I have the time to do so, I certainly will. I do alot of events blogging and work so sometimes it does take a bit and I apologize for that! Thank you in advance for thinking of me.

SL À La Mode Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez