SL À La Mode

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."
~ Coco Chanel


Visit MOOLTO

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wear Gray for A Day 2010


The American Brain Tumor Association exists in order to help eliminate tumors through research. They also try to assist with the needs of brain tumor patients and their families. The ABTA provides critical funding to researchers working to break through the barriers of tumor diagnosis, to help find treatments and care while ultimately finding a cure. It is the recognized resource for information for those living with brain tumors, their families and those that wish to be informed. Wear Gray for a Day was created last year by Sanura Snowpaw. It is a valiant effort to bring into light the desperate need for brain tumor research.


Sometimes...not frequently, but it happens on occasion! someone on SL will do or say something that truly touches my heart. there are so many things out there that you can do in Second Life. Build, design, resell, smex, shop, walk around randomly insulting people...you know, whatever works for them. So rarely does one step aside from whats all about them and do something for others. When the bottom line is simply...to help a bit. I initially encountered 'Wear Gray for A Day' last year but I couldn't stay online to see what it was really all about. Basically, my computer was horrid and I had to log out because the lagmonster had got me. Shortly after I came back, I looked into it because I never threw away my note card. Pretty awesome to find out that they're getting ready for another year and its even bigger than before!


I know alot of people try to separate SL/RL from one another but at the end of the day the truth is that you ARE human. You are on a computer, but the actions you choose in Second Life don't come from the computer. They come from you. Be ashamed, be proud but don't pretend to be someone other than yourself. When you are, beautiful things such as this can be the result. I applaud Sanura wholeheartedly for her awesomeness to bring this project about and carry it out. I'll be wearing gray and I hope you will too!


**Magika Hair, DeeTaleZ Skirt & Rockberry Skin in photo**


Visit the Official Wear Gray for a Day website @http://weargray.blogspot.com/

Visit the American Brain Tumor Association @ www.ABTA.org

My Donations Jar @ http://slurl.secondlife/Rota/227/182/25

0 comments on "Wear Gray for A Day 2010"

Post a Comment

Anjelyc Morales

Anjelyc Morales
Fashion Detective

Archive

Labels

 

Legal Eagle Stuff

Second Life® and Linden Lab® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linden Research, Inc. All rights reserved. No infringement is intended.

Review Policy

I don't really have one. Most of the things I blog, I purchased. I am always honored if someone enjoys my writing enough to send me an item to add to the blog. When I have the time to do so, I certainly will. I do alot of events blogging and work so sometimes it does take a bit and I apologize for that! Thank you in advance for thinking of me.

SL À La Mode Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez