SL À La Mode

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."
~ Coco Chanel


Visit MOOLTO

Friday, September 17, 2010

Skin Sloot! Pt 1


There are so few things that you can do in SL anymore to make yourself unique. Popular items is usually a matter of 'everyone has that!' because its well known and can sometimes be hard to stand out among the crowd. Making your own shape, or having one custom made that no one else will ever have [which I do, btw lol] is a good option. I made my own shape and I have different versions but all with the same face. I've looked like this since '08 and I happen to adore my Anjelyc silhouette ;) the versions mainly for modeling outfits and my curvier version after I had my son. Skins are such a vital part of your look, and there are so many choices out there that its almost impossible to know if you've made the right choice the first time you buy one. I spent 1000L$ on my first bought skin, and I thought I was just the biz back then. It was not that cute lol, I still have it tho because I can't bear to part with it. Those that like to change their looks up have several different skins, some have their favorites that no matter what they will always be wearing and there are the chameleons [ahem AERIS] that have a skin folder bigger than some people's shoe inventory. Doing this kind of thing can be incredibly pricey and we all can't afford that so I say do whatever works for you as long as you are happy with the look you are presenting. It's not easy out here in this crazy mixed up Second Life, and we do what we can. There are alot of decent freebies out there, so stock up on those as much as you can! Do hunts, subscribe to skin stores & catch those sales!

This particular skin that I've chosen to highlight in my series of Skin salutes if you will, is from [Pink Fuel]. I looked at it, and it screams 'emo' to me, so that's why I took pictures like this. The poses are emo poses from [LAP] and the bodysuit is from COCO. While we're being honest here, I don't think i've seen an emo avatar but I imagine they are out there. Nonetheless, this skin isn't just that it's just what popped into my crazy head at the time I bought it. I think the details are awesome, the lips especially. Love a good set of lips on my skins, people. With all of the fashion out there I can think of a number of looks this skin would compliment. And nowadays, when skins of quality are up to and over 1000L$ just for 1 it is a total and complete steal at the 75L$ I paid. This one is the Maple skin tone, but there are 4 others to choose from. Go check them out, and all of the other wonderful skins down at [Pink Fuel]. I have a feeling there may just be one there that you fall in love with...

[Pink Fuel] might not be one of those uber popular skin places to shop but it might just be the perfect place to highlight you in the crowd of effortlessly normal avi's.
*********************************************************************************

0 comments on "Skin Sloot! Pt 1"

Post a Comment

Anjelyc Morales

Anjelyc Morales
Fashion Detective

Archive

Labels

 

Legal Eagle Stuff

Second Life® and Linden Lab® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linden Research, Inc. All rights reserved. No infringement is intended.

Review Policy

I don't really have one. Most of the things I blog, I purchased. I am always honored if someone enjoys my writing enough to send me an item to add to the blog. When I have the time to do so, I certainly will. I do alot of events blogging and work so sometimes it does take a bit and I apologize for that! Thank you in advance for thinking of me.

SL À La Mode Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez