SL À La Mode

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."
~ Coco Chanel


Visit MOOLTO

Thursday, September 30, 2010

ReZ dAy!


*This is 2 days late, my acct was fooked for a bit!*
Today is my Rez Day! Happy Rez Day to meh! It sounded very rock & roll in my head!  So, this is actually the first rez day I've been actively in SL lol.  Crazy right?  I decided my blog would be a little bio if you will.  How I started, and how I got to be here now 3 years later in SL.  We'll laugh, we'll cry, we'll ...lets face it, we'll probably laugh alot.  I am quite aware of how crazy I can be at times and I rather tend to embrace it.  I wouldn't be me without it.  Here we go!  This is how it alllll began...[too dramatic?]

I was on Yahoo! Msgr, when my friend Ladybug [SL name] IM'd me.  She was frantic and excited, and I was AFK.  So, being incredibly impatient and annoying [love ya gurl!], she texted my phone to tell me to get my assi to my computer so she could talk to me instead of just texting me what she wanted.  When I finally got back to my comp, she rambled about how I should always be at my comp when it was her and then told me she had been with a friend on Second Life.  She says to me 'gurrrrl you have to dl it!  go find it and get it' so I said, "dude, wtf is it" and she's like "OMG Mag [SL name] told me to dl it a few months ago and she finally got around to getting me on with her and she took me to some place and there were avatars having sex!  i could hear like moaning and everything!!! LOL".  So of course, my natural response was "ugh, leave it to you to find more places to be a perv".  'Shutty and go download it!'  So I did, and by the time it was all said and done, it was time for sleep lol.  So I had found out about it, searched it and downloaded it.  Then I registered, and went to bed.  A few weeks later, she tried to get me on and my laptop just couldn't handle it so I deleted it, uninstalled it and never went on again.  Pretty uneventful, huh?

About 7-8 months later, I got a new Acer and I was in a very ho-hum relationship with a fewl of a man and I got an email about SL, so I recalled having made an account.  I had my info re-sent to my email and I signed on.  My avatar was so weird looking, but at the time I didn't know any better.  I thought everyone looked like that.  I spent a few weeks trying to learn how to walk, and I was stuck in between a wall and a tree somewhere on Orientation Island for about 3 weeks.  I'd log in, try to get the heck out of there...fail and log off.  I lost patience very fast with the game, and so I never got too far with it in the beginning.  Eventually, I ran into a lovely woman who on voice, made fun of me and gave me a transferable skin and shape.  Can I just pause here to tell you what I looked like? OMG I don't know who remembers the default avatars here in 07-08 but I had the one with the red dress, white shirt and black ponytails for hair.  Ok so I thought manipulating the newb hair would give me an actual hairstyle I would like.  So very wrong...I don't know what I did to it but it looked like zombie hair.  The only claim I can give myself is it was my signature black LOL.  I tried to give her pinkish nail polish, and somehow turned her whole arm up to her elbow this pinkish purple color.  I attempted to give myself black tights, my whole body was black except my head which was sickly white, and of course my colorful arms.  I was one hot mess let me tell you what.  Had I known how to take a snapshot back then, I would have been afraid to break the camera.  So, she transferred me these items and I crashed.  I was so embarrassed at what she had said and the fact she wasn't actually on voice talking to me, but someone else telling them how I looked and OMG'ing it all that I didn't log back on for several more weeks.  Upon reading some tutorials on how to get dressed and whatnot, I braved it once again sometime in early April or May, I believe.  I put on the shape and skin she gave me, and proceeded to try to find different clothes.  I learned slowly but surely, and all alone because Ladybug's computer had died, and she didn't have another one that could handle SL.  My partner in crime was nowhere to be found and I was trying to learn all of this new world on my own.  Luckily, I'm ridiculously intelligent and got things fairly fast now that my computer could keep me online long enough to learn some things. 
I found a new skin that I liked a bit better, and I worked on making my own shape to look how I wanted.  Didn't know at the time about buying shapes, and what have you.  Just thought everyone made their own, so I did and I still use it to this day.  Of course, I have several versions now but all with the same face and I think I'll keep it lol.  When I had started to get in the swing of things, I met a sweet man just starting out himself and we became friends.  He took an immediate liking [of course] to me, and we hung out whenever we were on together.  We're partners in SL and RL now, and the rest of that story is for another blog lol.  In between Gio and I partnering, I had another SL break due to a hectic RL and another computer malfunction.  I had to get my laptop fixed, and was working 2 jobs.  He looked for me everyday until I came back and I of course thought he was some sort of crazed stalker.  When we were on, we explored SL together & made the most out of each minute we spent online.  We danced, we shopped, we built random things that made no sense just to try out our editing skills.  One day, I walked into a shop that would change my whole SL.  I became the group manager @ Mythology which later became MYTH, became friends with Aeris & she actually was the one that told me I should try blogging.  She taught me about clothing, where to shop and how to flick my Flickr. I did, and here I am now with my site, which I've been on for more than a year *yay* and also blogging for The Metaverse Tribune [http://metaversetribune.com - Mi Paraiso Virtual].  I am taking my own pictures and actually making them look decent enough to post *yay again!* and attempting to learn other things as well.  People actually stop and tell me they like the way that I write, they like that I put so much effort into my blogs and that they actually just like reading what I ramble about here.  It makes me all warm and fuzzy...I used to write poetry [well I still do...] and songs, and now I write about Virtual Fashion and I kinda adore it.  Photography is a RL love of mine, and I'm excited to learn more about creating beautiful photos for SL as well.  Making my own shapes led me to creating shapes for others also, which as of now I'm only doing on a 'Hey u asked, so sure I'll make one' basis.  I probably do too much, but I think i'm just well rounded lol.  I don't want to rule the world, or SL...I just want to be me. I don't need to be popular, I just want those that know me to view me in a good light.  I'm not high and mighty, I just always try to do as good as I can!  All in all, I think me is pretty ok.  This is just how I wagonwheel.  And even after reading all of this, I hope you do too! Hehe...if not, damn it I dunno.  Lemme give u a linden...I'm poor, is 1L$ a good bribe??

0 comments on "ReZ dAy!"

Post a Comment

Anjelyc Morales

Anjelyc Morales
Fashion Detective

Archive

Labels

 

Legal Eagle Stuff

Second Life® and Linden Lab® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linden Research, Inc. All rights reserved. No infringement is intended.

Review Policy

I don't really have one. Most of the things I blog, I purchased. I am always honored if someone enjoys my writing enough to send me an item to add to the blog. When I have the time to do so, I certainly will. I do alot of events blogging and work so sometimes it does take a bit and I apologize for that! Thank you in advance for thinking of me.

SL À La Mode Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez