SL À La Mode

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."
~ Coco Chanel


Visit MOOLTO

Friday, August 27, 2010

Designing Nicky Ree


There comes a time in your SLife where you take a good, hard look at your avatar and say to yourself, "SELF! What were you thinking when you bought that?!" I myself had an epiphany of sorts, and deleted a good 25% of my inventory that was not transferrable. Upon doing so, I took a little stroll down memory lane and realized how much i've changed on SL. From a newb that couldn't stop walking into walls and was stuck in a tree for 2 weeks, to a blogger/model/store assistant/whatever else I want to be! When you think about those things that you now look at in horror, there's those pieces that seem completely timeless...things that you will wear probably for your whole SL. I feel that the designs that come out of Nicky Ree are those designs.

Now, of course no one just coming inworld knows all the good designers. But I hope that some of them find my blog and come to know all the wonderful things out in SL. I know for myself, it was very nervewracking to get the guts to start this blog because it entails speaking with designers, and saying what you want to well enough that people want to get out there and look at their stores & creations. When blogging someone so well known, well let me just say the knot in my stomach was almost unbearable. As usual, all the worry is for nothing because most of the designers i've spoken to are just the sweetest people out there! Nicky Ree is absolutely no exception, and had a small conversation with me as if we were old friends. She may have forgotten about me soon after but hey, it's all good hehe. The woman is very talented, hand painting and drawing her designs which are all just...works of art!


There is something so feminine about slipping on a gorgeous dress, a stellar pair of heels and putting on your good updo [lol] to hit the town with your favorite guy or a bunch of your best girls. When that dress you put on is a Nicky Ree design, there is no limit to the elegance you can achieve. If you haven't already, I advise you to arm your inventory with a gown or two today!


http://slurl.com/secondlife/Tropical%20Orchid/231/128/31



Look 1:
Fhang Candy Skin
Truth Hair
Maitreya Gold Shoes
Burrough's iMix3 Jewelry


Look 2:
eStyle Skin
W&Y Hair
Maitreya Gold Shoes
Burrough's Jewelry

~*~Photos by Aeris Pinazzo~*~

0 comments on "Designing Nicky Ree"

Post a Comment

Anjelyc Morales

Anjelyc Morales
Fashion Detective

Archive

Labels

 

Legal Eagle Stuff

Second Life® and Linden Lab® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linden Research, Inc. All rights reserved. No infringement is intended.

Review Policy

I don't really have one. Most of the things I blog, I purchased. I am always honored if someone enjoys my writing enough to send me an item to add to the blog. When I have the time to do so, I certainly will. I do alot of events blogging and work so sometimes it does take a bit and I apologize for that! Thank you in advance for thinking of me.

SL À La Mode Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez