SL À La Mode

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."
~ Coco Chanel


Visit MOOLTO

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Call for Couture 2010





The time is here!  The most fashionable creations are displayed for all of SL, and gathered in one place to admire and adore.  Top designers have come together, worked their pixels off and put together some of the most amazing clothing, accessories, and skins that will be released this year!  This first photo is the wonderful ::PM:: Chloe by Purple Moon, coupled with the elegant Serena Updo by 3636.  To finish the look, I added Jenna skin by *OC* and fab Cobra Boots by Similar Italian Footwear.  The pose is by and is called Automne.  I felt the picture needed a little fun, so in comes [Cynful]'s ready to wear look!  Black and pink, to die for and so fun to wear.  The look includes CStar Skin courtesy of the Think Pink Hunt, Slink Lara Pumps & Magika Gwen Hair.  Sexy shape is by Smexii Shapes and is called Jianisi.  Pose is by Modd.G and is called Lisa.  Two young, exciting looks sure to sweep you off your feet and bid for more!








This little collage was about having some good times.  Basically, I wanted to showcase as many looks as possible because I believe these amazing designers deserve to be celebrated.  There is no limit to the extravagant beauty put forth for all of SL to see, want, need and purchase!!  This photo is featuring -Nemesis- Eternal Love Outfit, with hair by Wasabi Pills and skin by *Just Me* - Kelly.  I also added Queen Earrings by ***Just You*** and a fantastic pose by Pretzel Poses titled 'They call me Rose'.  Also, Bottle Bird has the wonderful Scaley outfit with the Squid jacket.  I added skin by MonS & amazing shoes and hair by MIAMAI.  Fun pose by ..::DARE::.. which I purchased while doing the Seasons Hunt, called 'Not so couture flee'.  I get so ADD while i'm doing hunts.  Back to the picture, ummm ok so next look was alot of fun and reminded me of something I saw on television that I wish I could remember but it was an outfit made out of newspapers.  Maybe it was ANTM...this great dress is the ready to wear outfit from .:Relentless Couture:., and is called the Newsie Gown.  I coupled it with skin by Ooh-la-licious and hair by Berries, Inc.  The boots are another Call for Couture designer, Bottle Bird and they are called ae's boots shown off by a BCA pose by Glitterati in support of Breast Cancer Awareness.  The sweetest lil dress i've seen so far comes from *Fishy Strawberry* and is called the EOS Babydoll.  I added !Imabee's Miranda lashes in Petal and a sweet little hairdo that I thought complimented the look from LoveSoul.  Bringing the look together is a shape from Smexii Shapes called Teash, {Cherry} Ballet Flats and a fab 'Geometry' pose by *Torridwear*.  Hopefully you all agree that it came together nicely!  I am enjoying this event so much, it's a fashion dream as well as being a wonderful way to bring worthy causes to light and do what we can to support them.


These wonderful dresses are sophisticated-sexy and ready to wear be it to the boulevard, the club or the runway!  Sparkle in a Platinum Glitter Dress by :::WRACK::: which pair perfectly with these amazing Pauole Boots in silver by R2.  Had a lil fun with the skin, using a [dekade.] skin called Dahlia that I found at The Dressing Room.  Then to top it off a little Bliss Couture hair and a fav posemaker - Glitterati's Oh yeah i'm hawt pose!  Keeping in line with the cute fun mini dresses, I opted to pair this with .Magoa. Mondriana Dress to which I added my Fhang Candy skin & *eha hair.  R2 is a great shoe store, I have several pairs to date and will undoubtedly add more in the future.  These boots are called Pumehana in the pink color and complimented the pink of Mondriana so well, I think.  My pose of choice is Cover Model by Guilty Sin.



Okay, I found these looks to be the most fun to wear and photograph.  After several different poses apiece, one was picked and added to this blog.  Originally, there weren't supposed to be so many looks in one blog but RL got me behind alot and so I want to showcase all that I can.  The next batch of looks will hopefully be done soon also, because the designers worked so hard so it is my duty to show the public their incredible work.  These particular looks are just so edgy and fun!  The first is from Wild Style and is called 'Outside the Lines'.  I put on one of my newer CStar Skins, MIAMAI hair and Bax Boots and hit the photo studio!  After tedious pose changing I settled on this rockin pose by Modd.G.  [SyS] made some quite interesting fantastical outfits, skins, shoes...everythingggg.  I wanted to make sure every look I did was something the designer would look at and go ... yep, I like the way you put that together chick.  This pret a porter look is Prophetie by [SyS], with Phrophecy Skin and Krome ankle boots also by [SyS].  Added my YunA Hair and a very cool pose by NSA - Fear.  I dunno...I like it!


This beautiful ensemble is Chantkare's LBD Ready to Wear for CfC.  The skirt, the hat...what can I say?  I felt so old hollywood glam in this outfit.  Slipped on one of my favorite heels, Sargento by Sim-I-Lar Italian Footwear.  They truely make one of the most easy to use HUD's for matching skin i've used so far.  My skin is by Glam Affair, and the pose bringing this sophisticated look together is a MIAMAI Elegance Pose.


Last and certainly not least, is Maven Haus.  The new and awesome Haus of Amazing Couture.  I stopped by a few weeks ago and have a few wonderful outfits that I will at some point show off here lol.  During my trip I got Maven Haus' Frostbite Skin, which is included in this photo.  On my feet are my Similar Footwear Tropea Heels and this amazing dress is MH's CfC creation named Noyeb.  I got this crazy amazing hair during Hair Fair 2010 from Vanity Hair's booth.  It is called Up, Up and away and when Gio saw me in it he asked me if it was a hot air balloon.  So, call it a thumbs up on the design! Hehe...ah, and this pose I found at Di's Opera while I was attempting the Rue D'antibes Hunt!  All in all I think the CfC is going very well, I saw some great numbers for the auctioned off one of a kind couture creations and it's only just begun!  Stop by, see the designs and maybe catch a runway show or 2.  I'm telling you, its beautiful and worth the few moments you take out to take a glimpse.  Til next time, lovelies!! xox

0 comments on "The Call for Couture 2010"

Post a Comment

Anjelyc Morales

Anjelyc Morales
Fashion Detective

Archive

Labels

 

Legal Eagle Stuff

Second Life® and Linden Lab® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linden Research, Inc. All rights reserved. No infringement is intended.

Review Policy

I don't really have one. Most of the things I blog, I purchased. I am always honored if someone enjoys my writing enough to send me an item to add to the blog. When I have the time to do so, I certainly will. I do alot of events blogging and work so sometimes it does take a bit and I apologize for that! Thank you in advance for thinking of me.

SL À La Mode Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez