SL À La Mode

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."
~ Coco Chanel


Visit MOOLTO

Monday, September 13, 2010

Oh me, Ohmai!


Sometimes a series of events places you in the right place at the right time because that is where you were supposed to be all along and you never knew it. I have this habit of, when I'm not running around checking out random LM's I'm given or writing or tinkering in photoshop...of wandering. On occasion, it is to my benefit but more often than not I'm just teleporting around SL aimlessly. I was casually strolling around the Cupcake Sim, I luv the rain effects lol always making a mental note to get an umbrella so I can take some random just for me pics. So, I had no idea that there was an adjacent sim that was owned by the same person [I think]. It's called Cheesecake! which is so adorable lol. Well, I walked around a great big store that I kind of recognized so maybe I was doing a hunt or something. I've never finished a hunt, to be honest. Its so much work to search for those little items that I tend to give up about half way thru. I don't know how those serial hunters do it, my eyes get all crossed and its all over. So, I was trying to find where all the rest of the shops were because I assumed that Cheesecake was just like Cupcake. Not the case...

I really don't know how I got to where I was, but I found myself smack in front of a door and some stairs. The door led to this teenie little shop with a few items in it, so I decided to take a little peek around. What I found was like...finding a diamond in a closet! Just stashed away there unable to shine for the world. I was amazed at the incredible clothing I saw in front of me. You really just don't know what to look at first! I cammed because I do that when I want to get closer and omg I saw the Silhouette Collection. There are no words...I've never seen anything like this in SL and as we all know, I get around lol. [Hey, don't be dirty!] The design and construction of these items are beautiful. I couldn't decide which of the 5 looks I wanted, so I opted for the pack of all 5. Now, I know your thinking I'm a blogger so I can have that lol but no I paid for it thanks. I don't mind buying actually, because if I like it shouldn't I support the designer in their attempt to make a living? In my mind, it lets them know i'm serious about their work and I hope they get serious about mine. If they don't, hey I know I did my best. Back to what I was saying, I mean is this not the cutest little collection ever? I brainstormed right there in the store and proceeded to leave my sistah from another set of parents an offline telling her I needed help with a picture idea.

My mind had Rodeo Drive, high glam & fashion all over it. I tore apart my inventory finding accessories for the pictures and Aeris worked on backround and poses. We're a good team, I tell ya. I tell her too lol. It was a joint effort and I think a beautiful picture came from it. We had the poses, courtesy of Aeris buying them from Glitterati lol. The gorgeous clothing, courtesy of me buying them from the wonderful little shop !Ohmai. Aeris is an Xstreet genious and found the cute little ballet flats there from Cherry, which is where the clutch came from as well. I hit the Truth sale hard, if you couldn't already tell [totally Aeris' fault, btw] and there are a few there from Hair Fair also. All in all, I think it was an amazing success. We got some great looks, a fantastic picture and a pretty awesome blog lol. I'm not sure how many of you have heard of !Ohmai before, but really...go take a look. The place is total couture, seriously...and the pricing is very reasonable for the quality you receive. If you're not so into the fancy, there is also !Ohmai Basics right next door with all your everyday needs! Get the same quality on items you can wear any day of the week. I hope you all check it out! I'll be going back soon myself


http://slurl.com/secondlife/Cheesecake/204/152/38 ~ !Ohmai Mainstore
http://www.xstreetsl.com ~ Some good sh*t lol look around - shoes from {Cherry}
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Truth%20Hair/113/35/27 ~ Truth Sim
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Love%20Soul/212/146/27 ~ R2 Mainstore
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Etherea/110/76/1366 ~ Purplemoon Creations
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Amat/65/133/3001 ~ MIAMAI Mainstore

2 comments on "Oh me, Ohmai!"

Anya Ohmai on September 13, 2010 at 10:51 PM said...

Thank you!! My greatest appreciation for you blogging these <3 big loves!! *hugs* Thank you for letting me know and you wore these beautifully <3

SL À La Mode on September 16, 2010 at 2:18 AM said...

Well i'm so happy u read it and liked it! TY Anya :D it was my pleasure they are beautiousss <3

Post a Comment

Anjelyc Morales

Anjelyc Morales
Fashion Detective

Archive

Labels

 

Legal Eagle Stuff

Second Life® and Linden Lab® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linden Research, Inc. All rights reserved. No infringement is intended.

Review Policy

I don't really have one. Most of the things I blog, I purchased. I am always honored if someone enjoys my writing enough to send me an item to add to the blog. When I have the time to do so, I certainly will. I do alot of events blogging and work so sometimes it does take a bit and I apologize for that! Thank you in advance for thinking of me.

SL À La Mode Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez