SL À La Mode

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."
~ Coco Chanel


Visit MOOLTO

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Miamai Ex-Machina!


I have never gone at an SL party/gathering, and I was given 3 or 4 invites for this past weekend so...I went to a couple. I gotta say, the first one I went to first was amazing! MiaMai presented their EX-Machina Line on Saturday, May 16th. The effects were amazing, the designs were amazing, the lag was AMAZING! It was complete insanity to the point where no one could move, and I was trying to 'cam shop' just to see the rest of the store. There was a live DJ rockin some serious electronica and models everywhere, strobe effects and dancing lights, goth clothes and such a diverse crowd. It was a sight to be seen!
Thus far, my taste in fashion may be a little vanilla to some. The thing that interests me the most is details. The littlest thing that someone thought to add can make the biggest difference in a piece. Monica Outlander, owner/creator of Miamai TRUELY took my breath away with the line she came up with. The theme is kind of a Cyber-Gothica Fashion, its trendy, its different, sexy - just a little of everything! Admittedly, I had no idea what to expect but I was shocked and amazed at what was around me. I wish I could have got a great shot but ugh the lag was out of this world, the sim even crashed! I was logged out 3 times, and stuck somewhere for a bit as well so you know it was a good party lol.
There was a line of leather sci-fi catsuits for men and women, as well as scripted heels delicately sculpted to draw attention. Also, two scripted gowns with several hairstyles containing particle effects, scripted gasmasks, and a pulsing mechanic heart. You really have to see it to know how interestingly put together it all was! Its a line that is for sure on the edge, original, sexy, and new! Doesn't everyone have a little goth in them? Don't shake your head, you know you do!

These designs and much more Mens & Women's Fashions can be found at Miamai Fashion Creations
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Isle%20of%20Fantasies/210/220/23


The elaborate costumes, poses and hairstyles were really incredible. This event was a huge success, deservedly so. Everything was done in such an artistic way you couldn't help but be impressed. I know I was! Special thanks to Monica Outlander, who provided some photos of her designs!

0 comments on "Miamai Ex-Machina!"

Post a Comment

Anjelyc Morales

Anjelyc Morales
Fashion Detective

Archive

Labels

 

Legal Eagle Stuff

Second Life® and Linden Lab® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Linden Research, Inc. All rights reserved. No infringement is intended.

Review Policy

I don't really have one. Most of the things I blog, I purchased. I am always honored if someone enjoys my writing enough to send me an item to add to the blog. When I have the time to do so, I certainly will. I do alot of events blogging and work so sometimes it does take a bit and I apologize for that! Thank you in advance for thinking of me.

SL À La Mode Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez